Can I submit my own artwork?
Yes, you may use your own artwork on every item we sell. You can either submit a Print Ready file, or you can send us any graphics you want to use, and one of our professional designers will create your banner at NO extra charge.
What happens if my artwork is of low quality?
Your designer will send you an email letting you know that the artwork is of low quality. In some cases, we can clean up or redraw your bad artwork for a small additional fee, otherwise we can always print the banner “as-is.”
How do I set-up a print file for a banner?
- Check your file format. We prefer files in JPG, EPS, and PDF formats. We also accept Adobe Illustrator and TIFF files. Avoid sending small web JPGs or any files created with MS Word, PowerPoint, or Publisher. We can use them for general layout ideas, but we cannot print directly from these files due to the low quality they produce.
- Check your file’s resolution. For most products, the recommended setup is at full print size with a resolution of 100-150 dpi. High-Res Banners, Retractable Banners, and Photo-to-Canvas products should be set up with a resolution of 200-300 dpi.
- Outline all fonts and embed any linked images for EPS and PDF files.
- Account for the bleed area size. All banners except for Adhesive Banners and Window Signs have a .25" bleed on the outside edges that is folded to the back of the banner upon hemming.
- Make sure all text and important graphics are at least 1.75" away from the edges of your art board. This will ensure no grommets are punched through your important images or messages.
- Please submit print files in RGB Color Mode. If this is not possible a CMYK print file is acceptable. For more color information, reference our Color Matching Policy.
How should I set-up my art for the fastest service?
- Please make sure make sure any Print Ready files are set up at the same proportions as your banner. For example, artwork for 2x4, 3x6, 4x8, and 5x10 banners should have a height to width ratio of 1:2. Vector files can be submitted at any size as long as the proportions match.
- Avoid sending small web JPGs or any files created with MS Word, PowerPoint, CDR, or Publisher. We can use them for general layout ideas, but we cannot print directly from these files due to the low quality they produce.
- Please note that attempting to increase the resolution of a small JPG will not improve the quality of your print, unfortunately. It is usually easier and less time-consuming to track down a high-resolution JPG. If you work with a professional designer, he or she can make sure your art is set up at the correct size and resolution.
Does Half Price Banners offer color matching?
Half Price Banners is a G7 certified printer. We maintain our color profiles regularly to ensure the most accurate printing possible. For most accurate color reproduction, we recommend submitting your artwork with solid coated Pantone colors. If exact color matching is needed, we can provide physical samples for a fee of $40 per color + shipping.
Want us to take a look?
If you are unsure if your artwork meets our specs, let us take a look first and we'll let you know!